Sign in to follow this  
rj242

Chemical pump choice?

Question

If you could only have one chemical pump for application of chemicals on both roofs and decks what would you choose (Delevan 5800, Chemical Bandit, or other, and why)?

3 answers to this question

i'm currently using the FIMCO brand that is about 4 gpm's at 45 psi. i've had no problem with the brand and i like the fact that they have a rocker switch already installed on the pump. i have used a shurflo in the past and again have been satisified with the performance.

rando

Simple...air operated Wilden diaphragm pump.

Pro's:

High volume and pressure, high reliability (am told anyways..due to amount of parts), hard to clog, always self primes, no demand adjustments, runs dry, various kits for various chemicals..and to top it off, mine shoots every last drop out of hose.

Con's: initial cost, diaphragm/parts can be hard to find and are costly, and ya need to carry an air compressor.

ps- second choice is my own incarnation of a DIY pressure pot sprayer running off air compressor.

low cost diaphragm pumps like the shurflo and delavan with low flow and low psi can do the job but aren't in the same league as a gas powered roller pump like the Chemical Bandit. walkable roofs are ok for the shurflo and delevan but steep roofs need more psi and flo to do the best job in a timely and safe manner(higher psi will keep you off of alot of roofs). no brainer when it comes to gas powered pumps that can shoot at 100 psi or better. cost is the only thing to consider between the two types of pumps $125 bucks or $1500. if cost is not that big of a factor go with the better pump as an investment in your business.air diaphragm pumps are also great and a little less expensive than the roller pumps with gas powered motors.