Sign in to follow this  
dpaull

Man it was hot today! (pics)

Question

92 degrees here today... I have been fighting off the rain the past 4 days to stain this deck. Turned out pretty good. I used Wolman's F&P Natural semi-transparent.

I think I'm going to order some WTW...What is it the most similar to as far as consistancy goes... F&P, Thompsons Water Seal Advanced, Behr semi? (All seem very different to me -- wouldn't have used the Behr, but a customer insisted on it).

deck3.jpg

deck4.jpg

6 answers to this question

nice before and afters!!! looks like a sears home improvements deck . They used the pre-manufactured floor sections for the parque look. keep up the good work!!

I have done a few decks like that. That type of deck can be installed in a day since each square is pre fabbed. It is a bit of a pain for us though because it forces you to change directions to stay with the grain when washing and sealing. Good job on the work.

I haven't used F&P for quite some time but when I did, WTW came closest in consistency if you are referring to viscosity.

I don't like the results of Behr so I cannot help much there.

Olympic is very thin much like ready seal.

Rod!~

Thanks all. Yeah, this was my first deck with the patterns. I like the outcome myself, but personally prefer straight boards.

Yeah, Rod, that's what I meant...viscosity. I definitely like F&P's consistency. Thanks.

Yeah...96 is what it was saying on my thermometer on the truck while driving down the highway in the shade lol. Thank GOD for AC...My vents had frost on them hahaha.