Sign in to follow this  
Curb Appeal

dual turbo lance problem - help fast!

Hey all,

I just got my dual turbo lance for a curbing job starting tomorrow. After unpacking it, I noticed that the turbo nozzles are size 2.0 (4.0 together). I use 6.0 nozzles on my 22hp/5.6gpm/3500psi machine.

I know all about bigger nozzles = lower pressure but I have no idea what this smaller nozzle size will do to my setup.

What do I need to do to be able to use this lance?

The job starts tomorrow and I don't have time to send the lance back for a replacement.

Thanks,

Called the Northern Tool back today. They are sending another one out next day air. Their computers list the lance as having 2 3.0 nozzles but they sent me one with 2.0 nozzles. He said that it SHOULD have the 3.0 nozzles on it.

Having said that, the new one may not be right again so my question still stands.

Thanks,

Replacement showed up today. 2.0 nozzles again. Teach me to buy from Northern Tool...

Got another one coming from somewhere else...

Doug, sounds right. I guess my gpm would be down to about 3.6 or so. Not acceptable for a $200 part...

Thanks all,

Off to work so I'll make it short.

Got the right size nozzles and WOW! Most of this job is wand work: curbs, brick retaining walls, stairs, brick buildings...

This thing cut my wand time in half! And I don't get near as much splashback when I'm doing corners.

I love this tool. One of the best "bang-for-the-buck" items I've come across in a while.

Thanks for the help