Sign in to follow this  
Chris S

Mixing Emulsifier plus 55 gallons at a time

Question

I used Emulsifier Plus a few years ago, but my main complaint was the waste left in you bucket after mixing with cold water. I was thinking of mixing the entire 40 lbs in a drum and then adding the liquid to my 12%. Has anyone done this with success?

6 answers to this question

Mix with warm water not to exceed 120 degrees and then you can add approximately 1 gallon of the 12% to 4 gallons of liquid Emulsifier Plus but only mix 5 gallons at the time and use it up. If you allow the product to sit (4-6 hours or even less) the product will separate.

Hey Chris, I mix it up in a 55 gallon drum. I fill the drum about 1/2 full with warm water then add all 40 #s. Then I stick my pw wand in the barrel and fill it the rest of the way up. When I get ready to use it I use my drum pump to give it a quick stir. It seems to work fine that way. I mix it wth the 12.5% right b4 I get on the job.

Hey Chris, I mix it up in a 55 gallon drum. I fill the drum about 1/2 full with warm water then add all 40 #s. Then I stick my pw wand in the barrel and fill it the rest of the way up. When I get ready to use it I use my drum pump to give it a quick stir. It seems to work fine that way. I mix it wth the 12.5% right b4 I get on the job.

That's what I was planning on doing. So you don't any product settling to the bottom of the drum over time?

To be honest with you Chris, I havent looked in the bottom. When it gets low I just fill it up again. I guess I should check it though. I dont think there would be that much between the warm water dissolving it and the pressure helping to mix it up.