Sign in to follow this  
xpresscleanups

any1 use F-8 Nuetralizer/Brightener from Pressuretek

Question

This is my first post on TGS, and I must say this is the best Pressure Washing/Contractor Cleaning website on the net. A whole lot of information on here.

I am just starting my own mobile pressure washing business. I will start P/T and hopefully someday I can do this F/T. To be honest with everyone, it is kind of a scary move going p/t to f/t. I currently have a cush goverment job. I get paid well plus the benefits and a whole lot of time off, but I have always wanted my own business.

I went out and bought myself a DeWalt 3750PSI 4GPM Cold H20, I think it is a good piece of equipment. I have F-18 from Pressuretek and also F-8, anyone else here use F-8 and if so how do you apply it and mix it. I plan on using it on driveways.

I am in the Bay Area, anyone else from the Santa Cruz/Monterey area?

I thought this Pressure Washing business would be a pieace of cake, man was I wrong. There is so much to learn, it is like learning a new language.

Thanks to everyone on here and especially to the moderators, you guys do a gret job.

7 answers to this question

Hi Mario,

Welcome to TGS. Best advice I can give you, is grab a snack and set aside time to read. Try starting here: http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/faq.php

There are basics about the forums, and about PWing too. Also the Library forum has a good amount of articles in it.

In your USER CP (button at the top) you should also take a few minutes to add your signature.

Welcome again. :)

Beth

You have a cush job with the government, lots of free time off and benefits? Why would you give all that up? Who knows when the $99 house washers roll into town - and now you're breaking your back, wishing you kept that cush job. Man I'd take a cush government job - preferably a night shift one, and do this part time - that would be cat's meow!

welcome to these forums, you'll find a very special group of people here willing to answer most of your questions. as beth mentioned above, grab yourself a good cup of coffee and use the search function to help get you started. you may not understand why we're sending you that way to start off with but eventually you will. the dewalt you have is a good one as i use it as my backup. you'll find down the road that hot water is essential in this business along with a greater gpm than what you have. with a 4gpm machine you're limited to a surface cleaner no bigger than 20". go ahead and get your feet wet and start up a part time business. daniel is right about the 99 dollar house wash that you are going to have to compete with. so you have a cush government job? air conditioned? insurance and health benefits? 401k? pretty little secretaries?

good luck,

rando

Thank you all for your replies. I will use the FAQ, I did miss that option, however, I have been using the search function and it is great. Yes, I do have a cush job, however the harder I work my checks look the same. I honestly think that hourly wage jobs dont allow people to reach their dreams financially. One quick question please. I plan do only do driveways and wash houses, am I better off with an X Jet or just downstreaming? THank you

to each his own on this subject and it has been a hot topic for quite a while. you'll definitely find alot on this one in the search functions. my advice, try them both yourself and make up your own decision. i personally like downstreaming so i don't have to carry that bucket of chemical with me. when you talk about the xjet are you talking about the xjet or the m5? if you have the xjet only then i feel like that's too much pressure to be washing a house, especially vinyl siding.

good luck,

rando

Welcome Xpress!

Even MORE from CA !

...Don't quit that govt job just yet...

Based upon your locale, I would strongly advise you run a search here on water recovery issues before getting real active. It will be important.

r