Sign in to follow this  
Craig

Need input on organizing a neighborhood watch

We are in the initial stages of organizing a crime watch for our community. I live in a development with approx. 100 homes. I think the best way to keep everyone in touch with each other and what is happening (along with "Block Captains etc,) would be to put our community online. Similar to the BBS I am thinking that we can organize our development into street names as Forums and use threads to keep our information on topics.

Does anyone have input or done this before?

What would be the cost to put our community online and keep it maintained?

Any organizational information would be helpful.

Thanks.

I'm on the board for our HOA and we just set up the crimewatch program this year. Our local sheriff's office has a representative who came out to our meeting with all of the info needed to set it up and it was fairly easy. If you contact your local police they should be able to help. As for websites, our HOA doesn't have one but other local ones do. It probably just needs someone like you to spearhead it and put in the time to set things up, and to work the expenses into the budget. Getting enough people involved seems to be the biggest hurdle for any of these projects.