Sign in to follow this  
Bryan C

PW Post Construction

Hey Guys -

I got a call recently from a GC who is need of post construction pressure washing. I haven't really looked into as of yet due to a steady supply of residential and commercial work.

Can someone give me the rundown of what is expected? Just a rinse of the concrete (garage, patios, driveways, and sidewalks)? The good and the bad? What is an acceptable rate for this work - do you price each job accordingly and then bill or do you bill at a flat rate per job? Obviously some homes are bigger than others...

What has your experience been working for builders? Are PW the low-man on the board, right above temp help? How much work - steady supply of homes? How did you land the work - show up at job sites and ask for the super?

Thanks for all replies. Feel free to PM or call me if you prefer...

Bryan

I've picked up some new construction work...

Mostly they want concrete flatwork blasted off, but there could be masonry

cleaning, or in my case...pigeons LOVE the new buildings!

All work comes from the jobsite superintendent.

Motor right on in, find his job trailer, and ask what he needs done!

They usually have their BMP's in order, so you don't need to be too concerned over recovery and runoff.

r

I would really like to target this work before spring. There are some pretty big building companies here so I don't really know where to go or who to talk to.

Is it easier to show up at the work location and talk to the superintendent than trying to track someone down through their website or office numbers? Just want to make sure I am doing things correctly as I don't want to appear shady.

Thanks for the help.

Post con cleaning is pretty involving. They expect it to look new when all is done. Sometimes that isn't entirely possible due to other contractors on site who's work has left some residues or damage that cannot be reversed.

One tip: Do not assume that a stain can be removed from any particular surface.

The reason for this is that removing certain stains can create more damage than good. CYA because if you don't catch it...you get the blame and the charge back for it. Document and photograph the site and surfaces you are working on before and after.

Rod!~