Sign in to follow this  
4000psi

Restore-A-Deck?

Question

20 answers to this question

Its sold by ken f. from pressure pros on this site

Its powdered chem so youd have to dissolve it to put through injector. Are you looking to use it for your own use or to recommend to homeowners?

Hi Dane. I'd be happy to anser any questions you may have. Shoot me an email if you wish sales at restore-a-deck.com or you can call (800) 791-9890 and hit dial Ext 300 Mon-Fri. We have some cool contratcor programs available that might interest you.

Hi Dane. I'd be happy to anser any questions you may have. Shoot me an email if you wish sales at restore-a-deck.com or you can call (800) 791-9890 and hit dial Ext 300 Mon-Fri. We have some cool contratcor programs available that might interest you.

Hey, I realized later that you were the owners of it. I had seen it on this site just hadn't put 2a2 to gether. Is it good for comercial use, is that what you use? I'll definatly get in touch. Thanks

Its sold by ken f. from pressure pros on this site

Its powdered chem so youd have to dissolve it to put through injector. Are you looking to use it for your own use or to recommend to homeowners?

Yes, I am looking at using it when I do decks. Have you used it?

Dane, Restore-A-Deck is a mild stripper and cleaning agent. Its primary use is for killing mold and removing failed finish in enviroments where using a landscape friendly product is prudent. Restore-A-Deck contains sodium percarbonate (and other more potent cleaners and surfactants). Sodium percarbonate and bleach are the only products for wood that are classified as mold killers. The quick product background is so I can give you the one caveat..

You have to apply it directly or via X-Jet for it to perform. Run through any type of up or downstream injection, the product will be too watered down. If you are going to go that route, a better product selection may be something along the lines of a more caustic deck stripper.

Dane, yes.. full strength is mixed at 8-10 oz per gallon. Over 8 oz and you should use warm water so all the percarb will dissolve.

...and since you're a newbie, let me add this to the discussion...NEVER MIX PERCARBONATE CLEANERS IN A SEALED-TOP CONTAINER!!! I just use a five-gallon bucket and draw from that.

Another very important safety issue is to never add bleach to this solution. It is a good idea never to mix chemicals without checking with your suppler first. This is just one of those cases to make that point.

Mixing bleach with this solution can be potentially fatal.

Russell Cissell

ESI