Sign in to follow this  
PA Dutchman

Marking vs non-marking hose spin off discussion

keep waiting...non marking hose is a joke....whip hoses...find a good hose shop, use your blown hoses and have whips made for less.(they charge for ends)

The internet is a wonderful thing...gives the ability to bargain shop....

hey Gary, as my father-in-law always says "opinions are like a** holes - everybody has one". Mine is, if I'm taking the time to change out a whip do I want to do it with one that is from a blown hose and have it blow sooner? or would I want to use a quality, new whip that will last the entire season. I'm going with quality and the time saved of not dealing with the hose shop.

keep waiting...non marking hose is a joke....whip hoses...find a good hose shop, use your blown hoses and have whips made for less.(they charge for ends)

The internet is a wonderful thing...gives the ability to bargain shop....

Gary, the time I'd take to drag a blown hose down to the hydraulic shop and have them cut it up and add and end or two would cost more than the $7.50 I'd spend for a brand new whip hose.

What's the joke with non-marking hose? That's all I use, and I never leave marks on anything...I have used standard black hose and left marks all over the place, especially after it sits in degreaser.

You seem particularly negative...having more issues?

hey Gary, as my father-in-law always says "opinions are like a** holes - everybody has one". Mine is, if I'm taking the time to change out a whip do I want to do it with one that is from a blown hose and have it blow sooner? or would I want to use a quality, new whip that will last the entire season. I'm going with quality and the time saved of not dealing with the hose shop.

Tim, Gary has an "interesting" view on things.

Well, Mike, funny how you conveiniently pop out of the shadows...done counting beans?

I've had 12 whip hoses made...and 3 hoses repaired. In hindsight the cause of the leak was abrasions from other contact....the bill $80 and change, plus made direct contacts with others to subcontract from.

I purchased my non marking hose form dultmeier....blue resisdue on sidewalks often.

Yes, he does have an unique insight on things..

Well, Mike, funny how you conveiniently pop out of the shadows...done counting beans?

I've had 12 whip hoses made...and 3 hoses repaired. In hindsight the cause of the leak was abrasions from other contact....the bill $80 and change, plus made direct contacts with others to subcontract from.

I purchased my non marking hose form dultmeier....blue resisdue on sidewalks often.

Yes, he does have an unique insight on things.

Whoah, Gary, I wasn't trying to upset you...just asking questions....I agree with Jeff, the grey non-marking really works well, though I've also used both the blue and the yellow, and none left marks anywhere.