Sign in to follow this  
John T

Powerwashing Union question

Question

I just lost my Mall Commercial account officially today because my company doesn't belong to a Union(And I am mister Union with my "Other" job). I don't even know if a small Powerwashing company can even be in a Union.

Here's the Skinny:

This Mall complex was sold and a new Property management company took over the Cleaning. They told my wife on the phone today that since my company is not "In the Union" they can't use my services.

Of course Tomorrow I will call them back to find out how if possible my company can join a Union.

Has anyone else ever ran into this problem and what did they do about it??

I have no idea what Union Powerwashers can belong to.

3 answers to this question

Read MOB here, not every job is a union job, not every union wants all people to join, our business is mostly small one many companies, not enough for the unions to make money from.

The few large pressure washing companies probably would not join a union either since the first thing any union does is say PAY RAISE or STRIKE.

And like Ron said you do belong to a UNION, did they say you had to belong to a certain union or just any union?

Hello John T,

There is a large contractor in Canada that is union. Doug Latimer. If you are going to Dallas, I’m sure he will be there. His company makes the Latimat.

We were forced to pay prevailing wages when we do state work. We were instructed to pay construction laborer scale. It is currently $30.79 per hour. Have some jobs that I need 4 guys to complete! Add another 25% for payroll taxes, etc. my labor cost is $154 per hour! They did not require us to join any union.

Dave Olson