Sign in to follow this  
alvisishere

Laptop for customer invoices ???

Question

Do any of you guys use "QUICKS PRO" to print invoices from your laptop using portable printer for your customers before you leave the job?

I would imagine most would not, but few might be into high tech gadgets and might even be using wireless credit card swipes.

I am interested in this and was wondering if it would be difficult to set up and what software would work best.

****************added note**************

I bought "qb pro" and would be interested to see how others use it with thier customized invoices??

Pm me if you wouldn't mind sharing your thoughts and Ideas

14 answers to this question

If I recall correctly we had some pretty good discussions on ptstate on this...

I have big inverter to power things in engine compartment but ya could just go with the regular dc outlets to power both laptop and suitable printer (where ever ya get those). I'm installing wiring for a little ac powered bubblejet to go behind back seat. Gonna do over the winter for the upcoming spring cleaning season.

For programming I just use Peachtree. Print preexisting customer invoices lickity split before I leave for work is my usual.

When You decide to go this option your choices are almost unlimted.

Using the right equipment you could invoive and recieve payment all on the spot.

Quickbooks pro is amazing as far as all the differnt options and things you can do.

Imagine this:

Laptop in truck, print invoice, custumer pays with credit card, use laptop w/ wireless card from cell phone company and quickbooks and there ya go... Invoived, and paid on the spot.

Having a Laptop on site is great! Billing, Customer information and also the ability to showcase your work to name a few. We also used a laptop based GPS unit at first. worked ok but NOT the same as a stand alone GPS just much cheaper.

But remember that it all comes at a cost!

we do so much commercail work and so little residential work that we do all our commercail acct. on Quickbooks Pro and for any residential job we just use a ticket book and then log the tickets into a seperate book to keep up with through the year.

90% of my posts have been from my truck for the last 6 years .

the printing is made easy do to the network card being built in. the wireless printer all have them.

Dude....that answers alot of concerns bout you...you know posting while driving and all.. lol.. :)

btw, called ya couple time but you no answer.

90% of my posts have been from my truck for the last 6 years .

the printing is made easy do to the network card being built in. the wireless printer all have them.

Thats awsome!

Using the right equipment you could invoive and recieve payment all on the spot.

Quickbooks pro is amazing as far as all the differnt options and things you can do.

Imagine this:

Laptop in truck, print invoice, custumer pays with credit card, use laptop w/ wireless card from cell phone company and quickbooks and there ya go... Invoived, and paid on the spot.

Having a Laptop on site is great! Billing, Customer information and also the ability to showcase your work to name a few. We also used a laptop based GPS unit at first. worked ok but NOT the same as a stand alone GPS just much cheaper.

all great benefits...not to mention doing bids.

Imagine this:

sent you a pm