Sign in to follow this  
Ron Musgraves

Dave Olsen????????

Question

1 answer to this question

Hello Ron,

I plan to apply for Social Security later this year. You can start collecting when your 62. Don’t have any plans to stop working just stop getting paid.

My business has also been my hobby for most of the 20 years. Much of the time we have not been as profitable as we should/could have. Some of that is because the business has become an extension of myself.

Health is of course always a concern when you become an “Old Fart”! I don’t/can’t do as much as I once did so my costs have been higher since I’m paying someone else to do these things. Becoming more visually challenged 12-13 years ago has taken its toll on my little business.

We have lost customers to economic conditions in our area for the last several years. My closest market area has lost 20% of its population in the past 25 years! At times it has been tempting to just put a lock on it and walk away. But, I have spent too many years doing this to just quit! I would drive my wife (of 42 years) crazy if I didn’t have this little business to keep me occupied/frustrated! If nothing else it gets me out of the house!

Of course if someone came along and offered me way more than it is worth :) that might be a reason to figure out something else to do with my remaining years.

Dave Olson