Sign in to follow this  
Mountain View

Ipe Cleaning and Staining

Question

56 answers to this question

Sikkens is by far the Best hard wood sealer. I have used it on brazillian ipe many times and it comes out beautoful and more importantly, it lasts. It comes in several tints as well as clear. As strange as it may seem, the cedar tint is my favorite finish on the ipe. It brings out the incredible reds in the ipe and smooths out some of the yellow grain that ipe always has. Test it out on a scrap piece. I think you will truly love it. I can send you pictures of what the finished project looks like if you request.

If you dont mind spending the cash, sikkens also makes a rock hard marine grade sealant. You have to treat with a sikkens treatment first but it will last longer than any other product on exterior applications. Great for mahogony, teak, ipe, or any other exterior hardwood.

Sikkens is by far the Best hard wood sealer. I have used it on brazillian ipe many times and it comes out beautoful and more importantly, it lasts. It comes in several tints as well as clear. As strange as it may seem, the cedar tint is my favorite finish on the ipe. It brings out the incredible reds in the ipe and smooths out some of the yellow grain that ipe always has. Test it out on a scrap piece. I think you will truly love it. I can send you pictures of what the finished project looks like if you request.

Welcome to TGS JMB please add your signature in your profile it's forum rules.

If you have pics post them we all love seeing woodwork.

Thanks