Sign in to follow this  
charlie

skid unit burner

Those who have a skid unit on a trailor do like having the burner comming out the side or the top? If out the top when it rains while you are powerwashing does the rain have a effect on the machine?

Charlie,

I have a skid unit burner and have never had a problem with water down in the burner and the exhaust is on the top. I rarely get caught out in the rain and the trailer stays in the garage when it's parked.

I think most burners exhaust out the top - some have a vertical coil, some horizontal. Most verts I have seen (had one) are 12 vDC and the horizontals (have one) are 120 vAC. (You might want to do a search for AC/DC comparisons. Personally, I've had both, and as long as you either know how to work on your own machine or have a trustworthy shop nearby, either one will get the job done.) If you use a cover on the skid, or at least create a lid for a vertical coil, you should have no problems. (If you run in the rain, the heat will keep the coil dry.)

we have a 90 degree angle so they shoot out the back of our trucks, that way they are not affected in any way, also i have been told that if you run when it is cold out the coil can freeze from the cold wind going down them. I have also seen tops for the ducts so rain cant go down, kinda like a topper or what you see on houses