Sign in to follow this  
jbruno

What are the "wet formulas??"

Question

I know that Cabots, Sherwin Williams and Wood Tux have a 'wet' formula, but are there any others out there?

I want to change over to 'wet' so I don't have to wait for drying time and the weather to cooperate!

4 answers to this question

Absolutely NOT a fan of Perma Chink's deck product. Don't know that it is mean to be applied wet though...

Applying to wet wood has drawbacks. You can't see areas that need prep before staining. Need to sand???? Can't sand wet wood.

Beth

Wolman raincoat ,cheap, easy to get ,looks ok especially on older decks,easy to apply and cleanup, can be used on damp wood, lasts about as long as anything 2-3 yrs. and washes off real easy to recoat. doesnt condition the wood like a good oil base, but is a lot better choice than acrylic. I dont use it much i have been using parafin oil products and woodtux. But sometimes think the expensive products dont really last any longer and wonder if the customer really cares about the difference.

Absolutely NOT a fan of Perma Chink's deck product. Don't know that it is mean to be applied wet though...

Applying to wet wood has drawbacks. You can't see areas that need prep before staining. Need to sand???? Can't sand wet wood.

Beth

totally agree about the "prep when wet theory" was thinking more along the lines of new construction, and decks that don't need heavy stripping