Sign in to follow this  
n4rb

How did you get started?

Just curious as to how everybody got started in the pressure washing business, and what your first steps were & equipment.

Honestly, I became interested one day when my mother called a company in my area to pressure wash her house, the guy did a horrible job and I thought to myself I can do this, and I can do it a heck of a lot better.

Couple of days later I started researching a little bit, and went and bought one of those small Pressure Washers from Home Depot. I did a couple of houses for people I knew and thats basically how it all got started....

So ... what's your story? :)

I started out cleaning windows.:lgbonk: Didn't like that. My three nighbors got there houses cleaned and I thought now thats something I can do. Like you I bought a little unit from Lowes and started researching. I called around to other PWers in other areas to get info. One guy sent me to thegrimescene.com Best advise yet. I worked with a friend of mine who I found out did PWing. did that for about 2 years and did some of my own work on the side. Now I am full time in two counties. Love the work.

Dane

Not that it is a bad thing in itself to ask, just that I know there is at least one other thread on the same subject. The stories are typically cool to read, in my opinion, but many of us have written/read them before.

I'll see if I can find the old thread.