Sign in to follow this  
MMI Enterprises

Boosting small gpm skids with portable units?

Question

..Been meening to pose to manufactures... Ya'll ever consider producing unit stock with dual unloaders and then to offer as a side package a simple motor/pump package for boosting to 8+gpm?

I see it that alot of guys with -5hp skids or people that entered market already having small cold washing portables may more likely pick such a main unit.

Thinking on hooking a simple 3-4gpm portable to my 5gpm hotwater unit to goto 8+gpm...

Can the folks that have ever combined a couple machines together offer up their experiences and technical advices?.. pics or any technical info would be great!!

9 answers to this question

We have 3 setups, w/2 4000psi/ 4.5gpms/ 13hp elec start set ups we put together. They are on wheels, have two hose reels, and were designed with underground garages in mind. The guys absolutely love them. Set up and tear down, so you can go from level to level saves so much time.

I'll get some pictures in the next week and post them for you.

MMI - I bought something called a Power Booster from a pw distributor. It combines the water flow from both my cold water portables. Works great!

If you think this would help you and it is not against site rules to post info on distributors and there catalog items then I will be glad to give info on it.

MMI - The co is Delco Cleaning Systems. There website is dcs1.com. Download their Wats Blaster Catalog and the Power Booster is on page 21 in the top right hand corner.

Yea often forget about them.. Need something though and they pretty much got it...

The pricing guide is still one of the most historically useful things out there for startups in some respects although some may consider outdated or unsuitable for all areas.....see the check valves anywhere in there on their own?

Thinking on hooking a simple 3-4gpm portable to my 5gpm hotwater unit to goto 8+gpm...

Can the folks that have ever combined a couple machines together offer up their experiences and technical advices?.. pics or any technical info would be great!!

I think Both units need pressure unloaders

I think Both units need pressure unloaders

Well yea logically pressure pumps need unloading in some fasion and logic may better be served to have one on each unit.. Memory is not serving me though on whether most small unit unloaders are suitable type.

Could ask why I need two unloader though really. Think my unloader block has extra holes tapped. Is there issue with plumbing in there? I could mount a female quiky and male plug or use a check valve there when I don't need a small direct drive type unit boosting me. Pretty sure my unlader is an 8gpm and would unload both pumps same time.

I don't need a whole carted unit really and would rather have just a small pump package I can drop in a very limited space.

Paul Kassander said: Yes, very few units come with the flow unloaders, probably because you have to use the correct tip and have them adjusted properly. Trap unloaders will self adjust so I am sure that has something to do with it.

As far as linking you would just need the equal pressure which you could adjust on the unloader to even out 2 different machines.