Sign in to follow this  
814jeffw

Inside brick?

Question

Any suggestions on cleaning the brick inside a home? Not real bad but near a fireplace, barely blackened. I'm not doing it, I told the customer,...to much risk of the bad. I only know how to clean outside brick. He wanted me to plastic it all off,...it's a brand new room, floor, walls and ceiling. It was an afterthought he said. But I'm not interested at all. But was wondering how anyone else would tackle this. Thank you.

Jeff

2 answers to this question

If you are referring to carbon/soot from the fireplace, use Prosoco fireplace cleaner, light scrubbing with a masonary style brush, a wet vac for rincing. Protect the areas around using plastic.

If that is not what you are referring to I guess I misread and should have kept out of it.

post-1675-137772202485_thumb.jpg

Yes, that is what it is. Not as bad as the picture you have up though. Thanks for the suggestion. I actually have a prosoco dealer within 40 miles. Still not interested in doing it but I told the customer I'd research a possible solution he could put to use. He's a contractor re-doing the house, so he's probably capable of doing it

Jeff