Sign in to follow this  
andye629

has anyone heard of this product

Question

has anyone heard about a deck stain that is supposed to last for 7 yrs. it is called ONE TIME (THE ULTIMATE DECK PROTECTOR). u can see this on there web site. www.onetimewood.com if anyone has worked with this or has any opinions about it after looking at there site i would be very interested to here what u think. i have heard about this stuff but not to familiar with it.

1 answer to this question

A little while back, some of us had a conversation about this product and we didn't know anyone that had any experience with it.

However, we noted that at $70 per gallon, plus $16 additive per gallon for the two available semi-transparent colors makes the product rather expensive. 5 gallons with tint additive would run you $380 plus S&H. Due to it's 100% solids content, they do claim a high coverage rate ranging 250-400 sq ft per gallon.

We haven't found anyone willing to spend $100 for a trial application and a 2-3 year evaluation period.

In comparison (maybe not fair), I think Behr also offers up to 7 year warranty on one of their deck stains (5 years horizontal; 7 years on vertical surfaces).