Sign in to follow this  
Rob R.

What stains work well with airless sprayer?

Question

I know the olympic works ok with an airless sprayer but what about others such as ready seal? I was told some brands like behr are just to thick?

7 answers to this question

Rob R. Any stains can be sprayed. You just need the proper sprayer. Check your local paint store. Or each stain should list it's pressure and tip for what your spraying. Hope this helps.

I experimented with the cwf uv-5 last year and Olympic far out performs it for me. Both simular stains in price and sprayability but I ony offer Olympic this year as the CWF faded just like the old CWF did. I told the customers who chose it that I had NO track record with this stuff and it was a experimental year for stain choices so I covered my but on that product. I have seen many of the decks I did with Olympic last year and it performs simular to the old Sherwin Williams UV sunblock I used for 13 yrs. It just took a $2 gal. price hike though.....My goal is to offer a product that last 3 yrs as that is what I got out of the SW uv sunblock and I have many loyal repeat customers

Yes the 3yr I haven't tried the 5 yr yet I need a good stain I can get locally without warehousing large quantities at home. I have yet to try ready seal that many use here. I tried to get Wolmans dura stain but had to order it . I like to try new stains on my own deck but my wife likes the olympic the best so that is the choice for my own this year

Good to hear of the durability Jeff. I've used the 5 year and it is good stuff for some situations. Among other reasons I like it for verticles and for its wide color selection. The dark colors tend to not show off the grain sometimes though.