Sign in to follow this  
OllieOhNine

Need Help With Mix

Question

I am currently using Simple Cherry, SH, and a little jet dry for good measures as a housewash mix. I downstream it on and achieve good results. I feel like I could get better results with a new soap. I just don't like how the simple cherry doesn't foam much. I would love some advice on better chems and where to get them. Has anyone used the Classic Brown from delco?

30 answers to this question

Chemical are from Steve Flynn ( Steve Rowletts reciepe)2 gal 12% ,1/2 gal citra clean 2.5 oz foamer ,2.5 oz rinse aid, 1 oz wax top off five with water spray on with x jet and 6 gal per minute landa , gutters use gutter zap small pump sprayer hand brush and rinse..Great Mix .....

The problem with 6% is cost. You can usually find 12% for less per gallon. If you want 6% just cut it more and save some money.

Actually the problem for me is that I would have to drive 50 miles to get 12.5 %. Being primarily a window cleaner I don't do a lot of power washing at this point. If I bought bulk amounts of SH 12.5% it would degrade before I could use it.

It's not that I particularly want 6% over 12%. But more so that the 6% is more readily available to me in whatever amount I need at any given moment.

All of this considered it seems that 6% is more cost effective for me. For what it's worth I use the X-Jet M5. I basically just do house washing for now along with my window cleaning service.

If 6% can be proportioned to work just as well (as 12.5%) for my applications it may be the best route for me.

Of course the reason I am posting this is so I can get feedback from all of the well seasoned experts on this forum.

Lucky for me, so many of you are so very kind and eager to share your advice and knowledge. For that I thank you!

For vinyl, this is the mix I use most of the time(with the M5). Sometimes you'll need more bleach on the north side, dormers, etc.

2 gal. 6% SH

8 oz simple cherry

3 gal. water.

Sounds too simple huh? Try it. Mix some gutter grenade in a 3 gal. mop pail and brush the gutters. Clean gutters usually amaze my customers. Just don't mix the gutter grenade too strong, or dwell too long.

I experimented adding 1/4 cup of F-13 to the house wash. Mostly does nothing to help clean the vinyl, other than weird stains around high traffic areas. Added a good tablespoon of apple blossom dawn, just made it harder to rinse. Added a squirt of cascade rinse aid, and ended up where I started. If there's substantial mold/mildew, make it 3 SH and 2 water. Cleans well and rinses easily.

IMHO, the most annoying aspects of cleaning vinyl are:

1) Getting all the solids rinsed off. Especially under shutters and such.

2)Gutters 3 stories and up.

For me, getting the vinyl itself clean is about as easy as it gets.

Edited by weaselcossey