Sign in to follow this  
Brad

Unloader valve/PLEASE HELP

I just replaced my pump [ez3040G] did'nt have time to rebuild so now I have a spare.Anyhow when I'm running my machine it stutters or hickups for a while and then works out to steady pressure with a 40 degree tip 15 or 25 won't work at all.It also did this with the old pump so thats why I'm thinking unloader or unloader block because theres nothing else there other than the motor.Is this my problem? It's a cold water Landa Pc-2500 w\ a Honda 9.0 When I changed the pump I went from the general 3.5 gpm 2500 to a 4.o gpm 3000 general nun the less it did it with the old pump.Experienced help would be appreceiated.THANKS

did you change your tips to match new pump ? if that does not work change unloader or check it and mke sure there is no trash in it

What does the tips have to do with his problem? I have allsorts of different sizes to control the pressure coming out of my pump and different degree tip also depending on what I am cleaning. For instance I have 8013 tip for doing decks with. That drops my pressure to about 500 psi with a 80 degree spray pattern when I do the floor of a deck.

Brad,

It is possible your unloader could be bad but I would make sure its not a water supply problem first. Make sure your intake flow is adequate and nothing is blocking the flow either. If thats all clear try another unloader.

Good Luck

Sounds like you have an air leak somewhere. Are you running from a hose or from a tank? That pump should have an 11Hp engine to run it, but since you said it happened before, we will not focus on that.

Have you been adjusting the unloader to lower pressure? This is not good and constant adjustment of it may be wreaking havoc on your machine.

What size tips are you running? For the 4/3000 it should be a 4.0 tip and while some may be able to use smaller tips like the ones that were used with your old pump, this will not go to well if the unloader is out of whack.

Use a pressure gauge and the tips called for by this pump, and try to get it dialed in and go from there.

Check your inlet filter for debris, and also run the machine with no tips for awhile just to make sure their is no debris in the system.

I just wanted to tell everyone thanks i'll use your advice to solve the problem.And to answer a couple of questions no I've never adjusted the unloader it is still set from the factory.General Pump told me that I could run this pump with 8 to 13 hp.The tips I use are the basic .15 .25 .40 degree. Where can I get a 8013 tip? Thanks again you are all very helpful,I love this site,sometimes I have to pry myself away to go make some $$$$.