Sign in to follow this  
mohadeeb

Web services? recommendations?

I was wondering if there were any good web service gurus out there that is recommended. I am currently managing my own on Vista to start out with but as I get more "Pro" who do I go with. Local? or are there any nationally recognized ones out there.

Thanks,

Nam

Dirty Jobs Unlimited, LLC

www.dirtyjobsunlimited.com

256-682-4019

I set up my own site a year and a half ago. Didn't know much about it and although the site itself looked good there were a lot of problems I was unaware of at the time. I had never heard of SEO, I had the file sizes too big on the pictures and they took a long time to load and the host company I was using changed their software and I could no longer edit the existing site. I now have a local web designer working on a new site that should be much better and hopefully bring in some business. My advice for what its worth is if you want to grow find someone who knows what they are doing to build your site. It will free your time up for other things and you will end up with a better site. Call you local chamber of commerce or search the web, Yellow Pages etc for someone local. Most will have sites you can visit that they developed so you can get a feel for their design style and capabilities.

go to google.com and look around on their site. They have some free web building tools that are really easy to use. Some of the sites that I'e seen by people using those tools aren't half bad.

It kinda depends on what you want your site for. For me, I built mine to make me money, not necessarily look pretty. It doesn't look pretty, I don't care. It makes me money. Got 3 calls yesterday from 100 postcards (YES I SAID 100) that lead people to a special page that I set up and had them sold before a price was even discussed. Yesterday was the first day that people got the cards so I'm expecting even more calls starting tomorrow.

If you want your site to look pretty, have somebody else do it like Keith at kbkgraphics.com He does fantastic work for reasonable prices. If you have time and want to put a little research into doing it yourself, then go for it.