Sign in to follow this  
Chappy

St. Petersburg, FL paver seal

Question

Heres another paver seal job done in one day. The customer sprayed all the weeds last week, but it was still a chore to get rid of them all . The Product is Seal N Lock- natural luster. It doesnt give much color to the pavers though. The HO didnt want any shine.

PS Thanks KJ for the good word. It helped sell the job.

post-4622-137772208442_thumb.jpg

post-4622-13777220846_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

nice!!! I have a 2gal bucket of seal n lock waiting for a job to try it out! They sent me a free sample and I want to move to doing more paver seal jobs. I made up a website seperate from my deck powerwashing site to advertise. How much did you get per sq. ft. ? does the product work like it says, wash sand and seal all in one day?

nice!!! I have a 2gal bucket of seal n lock waiting for a job to try it out! They sent me a free sample and I want to move to doing more paver seal jobs. I made up a website seperate from my deck powerwashing site to advertise. How much did you get per sq. ft. ? does the product work like it says, wash sand and seal all in one day?

One thing I did find out is it never goes as far as the label says. (but what does?)

And yes you really can do it in one day. Just let the pavers dry enough after cleaning to see if you missed any spots, wash the sand in- the most time consuming part- and flood with the sealNlock. Give it a second coat for a little more shine.

The Natural luster mixes 1-1 with water and gets about 750-1000sf per 10gal mixed.

The 2 part Super wet mixes 2-1 and gets about 1000-1500sf per 15 gal mixed.

estimate on the low side or have extra handy. The super wet looks better with 2 coats.

Thought the wet says upto 3:1...what it cost?

Although I am fan of solvent products these waterborne products with their urethane fortification or catylists seem a workable option. Out here in Ca it can be tuff for manufactures to get their solvent products by the VOC. Formulating with exempt acetone from what I can tell gets them in but the usual result is lower solids as if they just diluting rather than adding more solids.

Edited by MMI Enterprises