Sign in to follow this  
WashRite

Help Needed! (2nd request)

Question

This roof appears to be a single layer "rubber type" roof. This roof has been cleaned by someone else a few years ago. Apparently, they pressure washed this roof using bleach only and allowed it to dry before rinsing. It appears they sprayed bleach from the top down and didn't rinse in time. There are many run streaks as well as big stained areas embedded in the roof. I did a few test patches using a combination of bleach, soaps, simple green, vinegar, TSP, etc. The stained areas were lightened but could not remove them completely. I even tried whitewall tire cleaner but no help. This project is huge and would love to be able to offer a solution. The roof is several hundred thousand square feet.

See attachments below.

5 answers to this question

If it's rubbery and stains are permeated into the stuff and 12.5% wont bleach it out any I'd guess re coat too. I wouldn't want to damage it or blow holes in it and have to pay for the re coat myself. That would suck. Would suggest to the owner that if re coated make sure to get something that can be cleaned and with what. Setting myself up for the future cleanings. Doesn't Ron M do this kind of stuff?