Sign in to follow this  
PressureX

The Weather Channel

Question

2 answers to this question

We were supposed to get a ton of rain yesterday too. Didn't happen just a little at about 4 this morning. It amazes me with all the technology and information available now that there is not more accuracy in the weather.

even more amazing is you depend on a forcast to be correct!!! Only kidding!!!! try www.intellicast.com and use the base reflectivity radar. this is the most accurate radar in the sence that it has an element of its composite that looks sideways on the scan . this helps to show h2O that is ACTUALLY hitting the ground unlike conventional radar that shows a green patch on the screen but it is only in the upper atmosphere and doesn't hit the ground!!!. there is a mode (clear air) that will show conditions developing for rain. this does not work as well for winter conditions . One of the greatest tools IMO is the radar for making the decision to stain a deck. I carry my laptop with me on uncertain days and use it to decide. Remember the pop up thunderstorms in summer because they can start right over your head with no advanced radar showing it but the base reflectivity in clear air mode show the developement of conditions building up. Intellicast - Base Reflectivity in ct..., Se

here is a sample of the clear air mode where it show a false reading of color pixals around the actual radar site in sterling VA .this is vergo and not actual building up to rain. Click on the animate mode and it will show movement .Remember there is NO guarantee with the weather but it helps make good decisions

Edited by jeffex11