Sign in to follow this  
ACSTravis

recipe for cleaning dryvit?

Question

I have a restaurant that I do flatwork for that has a border running all around the top of the building under the gutter made of dryvit. It has black streaks on it and they would like it cleaned. I realize dryvit is very soft and you can't use any pressure on it. So, what I would like to do is downstream something onto it and rinse it off. Can anyone help me out with a recipe of something I can downstream? Thanks a lot,

9 answers to this question

Most of the houses I've washed that were dryvit I've washed them by ds'ing 12.5 % sc and dawn. It usually cuts through the black and green mold very nicely followed up by a light rinse to remove the dead mold residue. This house was not real bad but it was dryvit with foam moldings around the window sills, trim and garage doors. Even the wedges under the gutter were made of foam.

[ATTACH]10347[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10349[/ATTACH]

post-3757-137772211239_thumb.jpg

post-3757-137772211247_thumb.jpg

+1, Larry.

Simple Cherry and 12%.

Sometimes multiple coats are needed and be sure to soap from the ground up.

It's rare, but you can get streaks.

Use concrete cleaner . Just test some spot before as with any cleaner. Dryvit is a concrete finish. I was cleaning dryvit buildings with my father over 20 years ago using very simple chemicals . If not careful you will learn fast to not use pressure on it. I saw first building ever with dryvit finish ... it's over 38 years old and it looks like new !

Good luck

Thanks for the replies guys, where do I get simple cherry and how much do you think I should charge for doing this?

Thanks,

Pressure Tek and order a gallon of F13 gutter grenade and mix about 4oz to a 5er. (X jet mix, DS?) Works great on black streaks but test a spot in the back first. I don't know what it will do on drivit, never seen it that I know of. Might try some F18 if it is concrete type but I'd call Bob there at PT and ask him. They have a great sample pack of chems that include the Simple Cherry,F13 and F18.