Sign in to follow this  
sethfenster

A little help please.

Question

I am a window cleaner but a good customer asked me to pressure wash her front porch. It is made of that new composite, plastic like deck material. It doesn't seem to be extremely dirty. Is Bleach a safe cleaner to use on those new compsite, plastic like decks? For some reason I wouldn't think so. If not what is a good chemical or cleaner to use. I will be using a 3000psi 4gpm 13hp honda cold water pressure cleaner. I have been reading a lot about pressure cleaning and have practiced on my own home numerous times. But this will be the first time for a customer. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. -SETH

3 answers to this question

a good tip- just because you can pump out 3000 psi doesn't mean you need to use it all. Remember high pressure on wood means a hole lot of fuzz and probably some other damage. As far as the composite I would just use a house wash mix on it and see what happens.

A dilute solution of bleach (can be accomplished with downstreaming) should be sufficient. Perhaps some greased lightning. You may still have to do some hand-washing (probably with a brush) on some of the tight areas, but the overall job will look great. I have done a few of these and they turn out great. Just make sure you rinse VERY well after the job so as not to leave any residue on the plasticand you'll be okay. Remember that chlorine + sunlight + plastic = BAD NEWS over time.

Ryan H.