Sign in to follow this  
ezdayman

Remember those black snakes

Question

I have a customer that has those marks all over her newer cement driveway I tried a light bleach and I tried the hotwater but they do not budge... I even tried to use a scrub brush... DO you have a better idea?

4 answers to this question

Butyl cleaners are good for burn residue...I used to clean the glass in my Buckstove with it. Either that, or Windex and a raxor blade. The butyl made the crusty black film rinse right off.

Look for cleaners (Purple Power, Krud Kutter, Greased Lightnin', etc.) with any of these chemical names listed in the ingredients panel:

Synonyms: .beta.-Butoxyethanol, 111-76-2, 2-Butossi-etanolo, 2-Butoxy-1-ethanolButossi-etanolo [italian], 2-, 2-Butoxy-aethanol, 2-Butoxy-aethanol [German], 2-Butoxyethanol, 2-Butoxyethanol (ethylene glycol monobutyl ether), 3-Oxa-1-heptanol, 4-01-00-02380 (Beilstein Handbook Reference), 52663-57-7, AI3-09903, AI3-0993, BRN 1732511, BuCs, Butoksyetylowy alkohol, Butoksyetylowy alkohol [Polish], Butoxyethanol, Butoxyethanol, 2-, Butyglycol (FRENCH, GERMAN), Butyl cellosolve, Butyl cellu-sol, Butyl glycol, Butyl Oxitol, Butylcelosolv [Czech], Butylglycol [French,German], Caswell No. 121, CCRIS 5985, Chimec NR, Dowanol EB, EGBE, EGMBE, EINECS 203-905-0, Ektasolve EB, EPA Pesticide Chemical Code 011501, Eter monobutilico del etilenglicol [spanish], Ethanol, 2-butoxy-, Ether monobutylique de l'ethyleneglycol [French], Ethylene glycol butyl ether, Ethylene glycol mono-n-butyl ether, Ethylene glycol monobutyl ether, Ethylene glycol monobutyl ether [uN2369] [Keep away from food], Ethylene glycol n-butyl ether, Ethylene glycol, monobutyl ether, Gafcol EB, Glycol butyl ether, Glycol ether EB, Glycol monobutyl ether, HSDB 538, Jeffersol EB, LS-539, Monobutyl ether of ethylene glycol, Monobutyl ethylene glycol ether, Monobutyl glycol ether, n-Butoxyethanol, NSC 60759, NSC60759, O-Butyl ethylene glycol, Poly-Solv EB, UN2369, ZINC01690437

transparent_pixel.gif

The more butyl, the better, although it's hard if not impossible to tell by a retail label ( go to the manufacturers' websites and see if you can get an MSDS on the product.)

...or call me. I've got a 6% butyl, and a butyl / caustic mix.