Sign in to follow this  
herbie1

Pumps

Question

Hey all,

I need some recommendations. I have a little 10hp 3400psi 4gpm Briggs and Stratton with an Anovi Reverbi pump. I have a leak in the pump which is allowing water to get in the crank casing. What I want to know is if you think it is worth fixing or should I get a brand new pump. This is a back-up so I am in no hurry. If you think I should get a new pump could you recommend one.

Thanks,

Herb Hewlett

Herb's Pressure Washing

1 answer to this question

That pump should be easy to fix, as long as the water and oil mix hasn't been run too long. Packing and plungers are fairly easy to replace. AR pumps usually have brown plungers in them, and they're a little tougher to find cracks in than white like Generals, so look them over carefully under a good light. A couple of tips for a first time pump rebuilder: When you remove the head, the packing will most likely stay on the plungers. It must be stuffed in the head, not reinstalled on the plungers. When you remove the plungers, plan on replacing the o ring and both washers on the plunger rod. The washers not only seal the end of the plunger, but also offer a crush surface to take up any small irregularities in the mating surfaces. A slight irregularity and an already crushed washer will crack the new plunger when you tighten it. Grease everything while you are installing it and it will go together much easier. Go to the AR website and you can find parts breakdowns for pumps. Good luck. www.annovireverberi.it