Sign in to follow this  
locutus

Excell zr2800.

Question

I purchased this unit today primarily for my own personal use and occasional use for a few of my commercial lawncare clients. I have always rented similar units in the past, so I am somewhat proficient in their use. My question is: Is this a p.o.s or a decent unit? It has a cat 3dx29gsi ceramic direct drive pump and a 6.5 hp Honda commercial engine. Thanks in advance for opinions.

6 answers to this question

Locutus, or shall I call you Jean Luc? lol I can't tell you whether that is a good machine or not, but I can tell you that the gpm is more important than the psi. I'm sure if you do a search, you will find a wealth of information on the subject.

Having said that, since you already have it, I'm sure you could get by with it. The fact that it has a Honda engine and a Cat pump tells me that it is not a p.o.s.

As far as not getting an answer, I can honestly say that I did not respond because I am not familiar with that particular machine. You will not find a more helpful group of people than those that participate on this board.

Live long and prosper.

What does it say about the particpants of a forum when they refuse to respond to threads posted by other members?

http://www.zr3200.com/zr2800.asp

Mark,

Easy now, no reason to get upset. That unit will do you fine for small jobs around the house, and on your clients stuff as well. Not the ideal unit if you plan to do any large areas, or use the machine often.

The most popular cold water portable is the belt drive 4gpm machine rated between 3000 and 3500 psi.

If you plan to use this unit to clean up muddy sidewalks after jobs then you will want to eventually get a higher gpm unit as it helps to push the mud and speed up your time.

I purchased this unit today primarily for my own personal use and occasional use for a few of my commercial lawncare clients. I have always rented similar units in the past, so I am somewhat proficient in their use. My question is: Is this a p.o.s or a decent unit? It has a cat 3dx29gsi ceramic direct drive pump and a 6.5 hp Honda commercial engine. Thanks in advance for opinions.

i never replied as i have not heard or used them........you said it yourself that you wanted it for your own use and occasional use for one or two clients and you had used simular uinits before.......so you must be happy with the job it will do for you...it has good parts as john says........but

if you want to do flat work(parking lots) or wash 3 houses a day no it is not up to it..........dont read this the wrong way as it might come across the wrong way but few simple searchs will tell what unit you need for whatever job you want to do.

cheers paul.

Thanks for the responses guy's. I have yet to use this machine, as per my statement about occasional use. The engine never concerned me, it was more the pump. Cat triplex, this is a pump that requires oil. I was wondering if this was considered a meduim duty pump or what?

More likely light duty, but just a speculation since I don't know the specifics about that particular model. Based on the size engine and specs, it's meant for occasional use only.