Sign in to follow this  
Windowcleaningresource.co

Osha Regulations

Question

3 answers to this question

Osha is about safety, as in safely performing work. I'm not sure for a few bird droppings you'll find much, but if you are talking massive amounts of excrement then there may be something - I am pretty sure there is for things like pigeon doo cleanup and such.. It's a hazardous waste right?

Beth

Edited by Beth n Rod
grammar

Pigeon doo is some bad stuff in confined spaces,,like attic infestation. Very bad, requires positive pressure mask and basically Hazmat suit. Used to be a fireman / paramedic in another life and I cant remember all the details but I do remember going over that at length in training and watched it once on a video. Was some baaaad stuff to ingest...Like kill ya bad from what I remember. I wouldn't touch it if it's inside or bad enough to even be questionable. Those kind of clean ups cost thousands and thousands of dollars and the HO probably has already been told this thats why they may have started calling "out of the book" contractors who might not deal with that kind of thing and or know it. If its just washing down a stoop or overhang then thats another thing but I'm not claiming to be the authority, do some research because it can be some bad stuff.