Sign in to follow this  
Palmetto Home and Deck

What I got for $19.50 at the MB/RT

Question

When I first read about a round table being planned about I was very excited about attending from the very beginning. As the drought got worse in the upstate of SC and mandatory water restrictions have shut down just about all pressure washing I have been working harder than ever trying to hustle up deck re-skinning and other projects to get me through this tough time.

I didn't think I could afford the time nor the money right to attend the Myrtle Beach Round Table, but at the last minute I changed my mind and decided to go any way. I called Jeff and asked if I could still get in and he told me to come on. He said he would pull up a chair from somewhere if he had to and I could pay my $19.50 at the door.

I don't know how Jeff accomplished all he did for the admission price because this had to be one of the best deals of the century. First we were set up with excellent facilities at the Holiday Inn. We were not in a bad area of town and I am sure everything probably would have been okay anyway, but Jeff had his crews on guard duty 24 hours a day watching over every one's trucks and rigs that were parked in the parking lot.

Jeff give us all a JL pressure washing coffee cup, tee shirt, we got a nice note book loaded with examples of letters, fliers, etc. that we could look at and get ideas of what we could all do for our our companies.

Jeff provided lunch to us all on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday. We all got to hear from speakers on topics from how to contact the right people to talk to about attaining commercial work, environmental issues, the plans for the *****, how to make sense of those MSDS sheets and why it is so important for us to have them with us.

Ron ********** did an excellent job speaking and keeping everything rolling. I don't think I have ever seen anyone that could be speaking and giving out prizes at the same time and never miss a beat.

I got to meet people in person I have all been talking to in the forums for years and I met Randall Brooks from Blue Ridge Power Wash. Turns out Randall and I have known each other for about fifteen years from our previous lives. We were both surprised that we had been talking to each other on the Grime Scene and we had not put our names together.

I got to meet and make friends with other people and it was great to see the face of the person I have only known by name on this forum. It was great to meet and speak to Carlos from the ***** as it was for so many others.

We all got to meet and speak to vendors that we have done business with, but never talked to in person. We got to see new products and demonstrations and I have got to have one of those 1hp Honda pumps Bob from Pressure Tech demonstrated for us. Pete and Tracy from Sunbright personally delivered 10 gallons of Ready Seal to me at the MB/RT and that saved me more than $19.50 right there in shipping.

So not to make this any longer than it is there is no way to write down all that I got out of this for $19.50. The information I got out of this and all friendships I made during this RT is priceless.

Many thanks to Jeff and to Ron for making this RT such a success. Also my thanks to all the speakers, vendors and all that was in attendance for making this such a great weekend.

Jeff, put me down for next year. I'll be there!

Edited by Palmetto Home and Deck

5 answers to this question

These events are worth every penny and more the knowledge, insperation and connections made at these events you can not put a price on.

Glad all had a good time

Len, thank you very much

Hey The King said he was going to have a good event and a good time for all and The King pulled it off I think. I am very thankful to all the contractors that came and shared. YOU ALL are what made this a really cool event, it was the highlight of the whole RT, just hanging with so many like minded people

I am already thinking of how to make this a better event next year

ATTENTION _ I already have 2 Managers and a Head of Engineering lined up for next year....How cool is that. Just this morning I met with one of the best PM's I know a very, very smart and nice PM his main maint guy and a Friend of mine who handles all kinds of properties. I was telling them about the event and they volunteered to speak at next years round table. These guys here know the importance of Preventative Maintenance. One of the PM's is a great public speaker. This will add so much to a PM Round Table. I'm excited about it

Thank again Len, look forward to seeing you agian and best of luck in 2009

I too had a great time. Can't believe it was 20.00 bucks for all that. Jeff was great and selfless with all if you havn't met him you should as well as Ron. Was very glad to meet some of the vendors I've been working with as they were great too. Glad to finally meet Bob from PT and the guys from Sun Bright.

Was really glad to see all the rigs that showed up. I got some really good ideas from them. Can't over state experiance concerning set ups thats for sure.

:cheers:The funniest thing happened as Len mentioned above. He kept looking at me crazy and finally said he's seen me somewhere before. It took us about 5 min to figure it out but we've known each other since what Len...93? I worked for him on a side job back in mid 90s for a few years doing Law Enforcment traffic control on an interstate contruction zone project. Len's the guy who invented the orange traffic barrel by the way guys..LOL...glad we made the conection there. Haven't seen him in over 10 yrs. I was just telling my wife last Wed a story about Len from back in the day. LOL...Len it was just too funny running into you like that.

And Jeff I don't know how you pulled all that together..LOL Kudo's to you and your staff for sure.:lgbow:

I too had a great time. Can't believe it was 20.00 bucks for all that. Jeff was great and selfless with all if you havn't met him you should as well as Ron. Was very glad to meet some of the vendors I've been working with as they were great too. Glad to finally meet Bob from PT and the guys from Sun Bright.

Was really glad to see all the rigs that showed up. I got some really good ideas from them. Can't over state experiance concerning set ups thats for sure.

:cheers:The funniest thing happened as Len mentioned above. He kept looking at me crazy and finally said he's seen me somewhere before. It took us about 5 min to figure it out but we've known each other since what Len...93? I worked for him on a side job back in mid 90s for a few years doing Law Enforcment traffic control on an interstate contruction zone project. Len's the guy who invented the orange traffic barrel by the way guys..LOL...glad we made the conection there. Haven't seen him in over 10 yrs. I was just telling my wife last Wed a story about Len from back in the day. LOL...Len it was just too funny running into you like that.

And Jeff I don't know how you pulled all that together..LOL Kudo's to you and your staff for sure.:lgbow:

Very glad you made it had a good time. I Love RT's

These events are worth every penny and more the knowledge, insperation and connections made at these events you can not put a price on.

Glad all had a good time

I agree with you Kory meet other pressure washers learning what they went through learning experence. That does not include the meet that was being held To all newbies out there sale spend money time to go to any of there round tables and network other in the field learn alot.