Sign in to follow this  
Mountain View

Hot Box

I edited another message but I'll ask separately anyway. How difficult and/or reliable is it to hook up a hot box to an existing 12v, belt drive, cold water unit? This will be on a trailer.

Edited by Mountain View

They are easy to hook up. Most will come pre wired where all you have to do is hook up the power and water. The thing you need to make sure of is that you have a large enough charging system to support it to avoid various issues. We recommend a min of 20 amp.

They are easy to hook up. Most will come pre wired where all you have to do is hook up the power and water. The thing you need to make sure of is that you have a large enough charging system to support it to avoid various issues. We recommend a min of 20 amp.

Paul,

Have you had or heard of any complaints in terms of people running shur flo to spray chemicals and the 12 volt being drained because the engine on the pressure washer could not keep up with keeping the battery charged?

No calls but I can see it happening. Most manufactures will just use what is required for the units they build so a simple elect start pressure washer may only have the minimum charging system on it to support the unit...they say why pay more for a larger system when it is not required on 100 units that may be a few grand.

If you are having this problem I would first get a good deep cycle marine battery and see if that helps. Then I would get my charging system checked it may be large enough but just not functioning correctly. If it is too small you can upgrade it by getting a new stater for inside the flywheel that has a larger output and that should solve your problem. They aren't too hard to change if you are fairly mechanical, otherwise the local rental yard or lawn mower shop can do them and they are usually not to bad on labor charges.

Another good idea I read from Dave at Roof Clean USA was to use a solar charger backup to charge the battery's. Seems to be a good idea since the equipment is out in the sun all day while you are working...