Sign in to follow this  
MMI Enterprises

General Pump differences?

Picked up a cold unit today that has a General TS series pump. Am planning to use it for double pumping if I can figure out what I'll be putting out. On side it has the usual date stamp but can't readily see any other info marked. Have read some are marked on pump shaft or up underneith on bottom of case but I can't readily spot anything as of yet. Wondering if there is some little secret way of telling which model it is besides measuring its stroke internally or some such. It does have a nickle head. In browsing General's pdf's it seems there may only have been two pumps with such? Pump T9241-N and TS2011-N.

Unit itself has an 11hp motor and may be a Mi-T-M going by the pressure gauge being branded as such. Does that level power seem suited only for a 4gpm unit max flow at 3k or..?? Unit does put out 3k and feels strong. At first glance the pump looks same as the 3kpsi-4.75gpm on my main Mi-T-M unit. Mi-T-M's use of the General pumps was weird in that their specs do not follow how General sells them stock.

It's no wonder I always forget what I have when nothing's marked and there no cross reference material floating around the net.

It sounds like a 1511, but, I would have to check. Mi-t-m is kind of strange in how they list pumps. I am thinking that it is a disservice to their customers, because it does make it moderately difficult to find parts for repair, unless, of course, you go to Mi-T-m.

Doesn't show as nickle though: http://www.generalpump.com/PDFs/TS1011-Pump.pdf

Seller thought it does like 4.5gpm and in checking out the Ul221 unloader the machine is apparently setup for 3k max psi. Who knows what Mi-T-M did tough..it's like they mix matched parts and the like for whatever rebranding reasoning as if they believed General wasn't offering a pump already with their desired specs or something.