Sign in to follow this  
HotShot

Gov't Making Me Mad

Question

I have been reading a lot of stories lately about police departments cutting back their recruitment programs and even some having to lay off police officers. This really burns me up. The ONE THING that this gov't SHOULD be involved with and spend lots of money on is the protection of this country and the citizens thereof.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that POLICE forces have to worry about money, when they are giving Trillion dollar bailouts to loser mortgage companies that were too stupid to do the right thing.

Well, I just had to get that off my chest for now. This really ticks me off and I hope President-elect Obama does something about it. He doesn't have a good track record for being really police-friendly, but we'll see what happens. I'm hoping for the best...

4 answers to this question

While I agree with you about having a solid police force, it's not a federal government thing. Local governments are seeing their tax revenues crash due to the economy, this is just one of the fall outs from that. Getting money from the feds for local law enforcement could open up a whole can of worms that could be worse than the current situation.

In my opinion, CEO's and senior execs of the investment banks, mortgage lenders, etc. should be fired with forfeiture of all compensation and bonuses. If they knew what they were doing then they need to be prosecuted for criminal deception. If they didn't know what was going on, they need to be fired for gross negligence and incompetence.

Getting down from my soapbox now.

P.S. This is what happens when "self regulation" is put in place. Talk about putting the fox in charge of the hen house!

Edited by Mountain View

I see your point Pete....that is exactly how I feel about Feds and edjumication...it should be a local thing. But since it is a nationwide thing, I do think the Feds should fork over some money for the police forces. It is for the protection of this country.

I agree too the police forces should never be down sized.And the way i see it these banks and what not should be allowed to fail so they can learn and there would be an open door for other companys to start or grow.