Sign in to follow this  
PowerPlay

Dried on Cleaner

Question

Hello Everyone,

I've been using premier from E'spec with very good results this year. However, I am starting to notice it is very rinse sensitive, lol. In other words you must be sure too rinse VERY thoroughly. Recently I did a gutter job used the cleaner for the exterior gutter surface, the customer called back describing bright white streaks on his freshly sealed driveway. We did rinse the entire driveway however streaks still showed up. I'm a little worried about harming the seal job since it is so fresh. Any suggestions on removing the streaks safely would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan Harman

PowerPlay Pressure Washing

Lancaster County, PA

2 answers to this question

Not sure of the composition of Premier but if it's a degreaser, there may not be anything you can do about it other than roll sealer over it. In essence, if it's a degreaser, it will remove the oils from asphalt. You have to be careful with these types of detergents by pre-wetting asphalt, not letting it dry or not even allowing it to puddle. This requires continuous rinsing of the asphalt - which gets tricky on extremely hot and sunny days.

You can try to wash it with HOT water only.

Best Wishes!

I have learned so much already from this site, and would like to thank everyone for their knowledge and willingness to share. I hope I am in a position to do the same at some point.

You guys rock!! :usa: