Sign in to follow this  
CleanPortland

Who hangs Holiday Lighting

I was wondering how many people, hang lights on here.

I know that it has been a very good business for me and allowed me to expand in to other areas of pressure washing and deck refinishing.

It has definitely gotten us some huge clients, 10 - 20k per year...

We supply everything, we started by just hanging them but ran in to too many issues with customers not having enough supplies. We lease everything and store them under our house in our garage. By leasing we have found that you can make much more. We buy in 1000 foot spools and custom fit them to the homes. If a client decides not to use you in the future, you have those lights to put on other houses. It is however controlled chaos at this time of year.

Scottwash, We advertise all of our services using Servicemagic.com, if you don't use them I highly recommend it, using them alone we tripled our business this year. This year we also advertised in Portland Home magazine, through affluent living marketing out of San Diego, CA.

Chris, We get our lights online, I currently have some overstock that I would like to sell at our bulk rate. We charge anywhere from $2-$3 per foot to hang, service, and remove. We only service if the client calls with an issue. We supply all extension cords, lights, clips, timers, and anything else to get the job done properly. We keep the lights, store them, with maps to the houses so that it is easier and faster to put them up the second year and beyond, and we charge the same amount.