Sign in to follow this  
Guest rfitz

Average Diameter hose..?

Guest rfitz

Just curious as to what diameter size hose most find that works the best for sure flow set up for spraying chems, stripper, britener etc.. could too big of a diameter cause sure flow problems with being inconsistent spraying or is there a maximum length of hose for this small of a pump..? say 60 psi at 1.5 GPM ?

I use 3/8" diameter, and 50' length of hose on my sureflow setup, at 60psi, 1.5gpm. Longer hose lengths my require additional psi, but I have not tested to see what the psi drop may be in longer lengths.

I also use red colored hose for my sureflow so I can easily identify it from my hp hose when it is lying on the ground. Too many hoses lying on the ground can make a tangle like wet snakes, so it's easiest to color code them.

Guest rfitz

I found the problem, not sure why, but with orig. valve and new replaced valve, they were both drawing even when switched from left to right, not to mention, a bunch of loose fittings on the sure flow..? must not have been tightened good when first installed..? anyway, I cut off the right hose feed and plugged it, now I will only draw with the left side of valve, after washing or stripping, I will flush with water, then drop same line in britener, I dont think the valves that switch from right to left can handle all the acids we work with, I think they go bad, fast... anyway, now I dont have to worry, since I will only be using 1 line for both chems...I also use 3/8 clear hose but Im running 200 ft on hose reel,after running stripper thru, I run colored water thru the line to flush, and run stripper, britener back into tank until I see colored water coming out of gun, otherwise you could waste a ton of chemical flushing 200 ft of 3/8 hose onto the ground, thats whY Im using the colored water trick and only takes a few minutes for each to flush, somewhere in the 2-3 gallon range to flush lines..