Sign in to follow this  
John Doherty

How much water?

I'm having a battle with a local municipality and need some help. We are entering the 6th year of drought here in Colorado and water is a big issue. My problem is that they (the city) will not allow PW of horizontal surfaces, they do allow vertical surface cleaning. So I have 3 subdivisions for one of my builders that I can't do flat work on, they let the brick work be done because there is 'no other practical way to do it'. I don't do any brick work so I'm trying to find out how much water is used to do it.

On the flat work side I use approx. 250 gals for a 2 car garage and 300 for a 3 car, this is the rear pad and or deck, front porch / walk, garage floor, driveway and city sidewalk. State it anyway that's convenient, by # of bricks or sqft etc.

Thanks in advance,

JD

JD,

I would try to find out if you can get an exemption certificate. Here in NJ we can get one when there is a drought. The theory behind it is they are not allowed to take your livelyhood away from you. If washing horizonal surfaces is your lively hood you may be able to find a way to still do it legally.

Dale,

Good suggestion, unfortunately it doesn't exist with these guys, last year they were ready to throw 10k people out of work in the landscape industry, luckily we got a huge snow storm last April. There were people who couldn't put in a lawn for almost 2 years!

JD