Sign in to follow this  
stoppie101

question about unloaders????

Could some one fill me in about unloaders. The way I understand them is that they are used to unload the pressure in the line so you dont have to shut down your equipment while changing wands, surface cleaners etc... Can they also be used to change psi and gpm? I have a 13hp honda/cat pump 3700psi/4gpm. is there a model that you could recomend for my unit? thanks

ps. make wheelies not war

Chad,

The best way to reduce pressure is to use larger orifice nozzles, or a dual lance. When you change pressure with the unloader that alters the flow as well. The ideal thing is to lower pressure when needed, but keep the flow at the rated gpm for the machine, which in your case is 4 gpm. When you need full pressure again, it will nickel and dime you to death trying to get it right.

The unloader is designed to take the load off the pump when you let go of the trigger. Without the unloader, you would need to run an open gun, or else something would explode (hose, gun, pump etc) when you let off.

If you want to be able to switch between items without shutting down the machine, you will need to either use a ball valve on the end of the hose, or have quick couplers on the outlet side of the gun.

post-12-137772137966_thumb.jpg