Sign in to follow this  
MudDuck

Real Estate Books

Question

Has anyone ever tried with success browsing the Real Estate books looking at the pics of the houses for weathered or failed decks? I grabbed one and went through it and couldn't believe all the 300-400K+ houses with weathered crappy decks and or moldy roofs...I think I'm going to try to make contact w/ Realtors with specific "hey I noticed THIS deck here on THIS house and "What I could do to make it stand out and sell faster in this sales environment" bla bla bla..And not get the regular automatic knee jerk rolling eye spammer bum rush. Has anyone had success with this. Just thought it was a good idea and haven't heard anyone talk about it before.

3 answers to this question

one more thing alot of those peolpe cant afford their houses and barely make the payments. I even call the bank owned ones and had a house or two. what i did that worked was befriend a realtor (1 of the biggest down here)and set up contracts with him on cleaning a few houses. for free untill the house would get sold then i would get the check. and i would mark the price way up. still working out good.

Good info Joe, my thought is that in this market your going to HAVE to sell your home as fast as possible because prices are dropping like a rock. I'm thinking hey you spend a few K's with me and it saves you maybe 10K because you won't have to drop your price "as much". The market is just now starting to drop here and there are some already dropping by the tens of thousands of dollars. We have a lot of 300K-1.5 mil mountain type homes here (many are second or thrid homes that I expect to go on market very soon due to ecomonic crash) with huge mountain views and they push these big decks w/ views and in every add here's this "money shot" of the house with a 2-3K sq ft wrap around double or triple deck(s) that looks like it's 50 yrs old. LOL...