Sign in to follow this  
kmcliffo

Help- pressure hose leak/burst??

Question

hi

this is probably a really "newbie" question...but this past weekend we were out on our first "practice" job and the pressure hose sprung a leak within 5 minutes...we can't figure out why/what we did wrong... Does anyone have any "troubleshooting" tips? How often do you go through pressure hoses?

8 answers to this question

I am not exactly sure why it burst, but would suggest you get some hose rated for 3000 psi. I have a pw that someone gave me, a 2400 psi unit, and the hose that came with that thing is really scary. Feels more like plastic, than rubber. I played with it one time for a few minutes just to see if it worked, other than that, it just sits there.

In the Landa catalog, they call this hose "hobby hose". Did you by any chance play around with the unloader, maybe to change pressure or just to see what it does?

If that is the case, then you may have adjusted the unit to above 2600 psi and with the spike of letting off the gun, blew the hose. Just a thought.

I buy 4000 PSI rated hose, that way I don't have to worry about things with a 3000 PSI machine.

This hose is new, contact the supplier you bought it from and ask for a replacement under warranty.

thanks for all your replies. I'm thinking it was just a faulty hose. I just wanted to get a feel for whether this is a common problem/we should stock up on hoses! i think i will look into getting a replacement that has a much higher psi limit..and yes, it is under warranty. thanks!

Did the hose spring a leak from the hose itself or from the fitting? If it is from the fitting it is probably a bad o'ring. I had mine spring a leak yesterday and I thought of this post. It is was just a bad o'ring. I use hot water so my o'rings don't last as long.