Sign in to follow this  
aloha pc

Advice requested

Question

Long story, short. I sold my trailer (3500 psi 4 gpm) and went to work for a company. Lets say the time has arrived where I find myself fondly remembering being a small business owner.

In the past, I did mostly tile roofs and drive ways combos. My process, pre historic to most, was to run chlorine through my machine, along with TSP and most times, take my whisper wash and clean the top parts of the tiles, change to wand and do the edges. 99% of my business was tile roofs. Did like 4 shingle roofs in 5 years.

The questions/advice needed are these:

1. What kind of set up do I need to clean shingle roofs in an efficient and economical manner? Will this work on tile roofs as well? Chemicals?

2. I went through Bob at Pressure Tek for years, do you think he is still the cheapest and dependable for parts and service?

Understanding of course, the total responsibility, and wearing 6 different hats at once, there is nothing like being self employed. And as I work the graveyard shift, making very unappreciative bosses money, I am always led back to what got me in business myself " Why make this person money when I could be making myself money?"

I really appreciate any and all input. You need great information, you go to the source.

Best Regards,

Brian

2 answers to this question

you have actually already answered both of your questions. bob has so many different setups to offer and i am sure you will find one to fit your budget. if you have problems then he is always a phone call away. now wasn't that easy?

rando

Brian,

Sounds like you are a business man at heart, once you have the taste it is hard to work for others isn't it.

For the roof cleaning you could probably get into a low pressure cleaning application with something like the Cyclone system and let the chems do the cleaning.