Sign in to follow this  
sturgisjr

HD-80/EFC-38/Brightener Applicators

Question

What applicators would you use to apply HD-80, EFC-38 and Brightener with? I am starting out in this business and would like to use something that won't put a hole in my pocket. I was thinking about using the Wolman backsaver sprayer. Would this work and is it resistant to the harsh chemicals? I am not looking for fancy solutions, just something realistic budgetwise and for someone just starting out. Will appreciate feedback and suggestions.

4 answers to this question

I was thinking about using the Wolman backsaver sprayer. Would this work and is it resistant to the harsh chemicals? .

If this is a back pack sprayer I would stay away from it. If it leaks and goes down your back you will not be happy. (speaking from a bad experience). If money is tight go with a good hand held sprayer like Vince posted. If you have some money to spend go with a Decker. Its a low pressure sprayer made to aplly chems and even sealers. Just make sure its rinsed out really well. Beth carries them in her store. There are two types and I have gotten the Decker Topper myself. It works really great.

As I've said a few times already, I prefer the Chapin 3 gallon pump up sprayer (2218) with a pressure relief valve, fan type nozzle and viton seals. Just purchased a few more for a contractor discounted $48 each at my Sherwin Williams dealer. The wear parts are replaceable for about $8.50 (o-rings, seals, springs, valve, etc.).

As you can see, the hose that comes with it is almost useless (as is the case with most pump up units I've owned in the past). I replace the hose that comes on it with 3/8"ID reinforced clear poly hose about 10ft long. (I've had the hoses longer, but they are just a pain then.)

When you pump this unit properly, it will spray for a long time.

Keep sprayers off your back if you're using harsh chemicals.

Best wishes!

Thank you for your replies, I will look into them. The Chapin sounds like something I would like to start with. Do you use the same one for all the chemicals or use separate ones for each chemical? No, the Wolman BackSaver Sprayer is not a backpack type. It includes a long wand to prevent bending for long periods of time, thus called the backsaver. Any experience using this?