Sign in to follow this  
N.B. DECKS

Home owners Associations/Property Management Companies

Question

I was wondering if any of the contractors here have gotten involved with any home owners associations or with any Property Management Companies? I am looking to try and expand my business through the use of strategic alliances and I thought these 2 areas would be a good way to start.

I am kind of at a loss for how to get into this, any suggestions would be great. Thanks

3 answers to this question

Go talk to them. If you know any body in the property managment companies in your area. Thats the best way to get in with them. Network network network.

I'm working on the Realtors offices' and selling the benifits of putting their properties out front in this down turn real estate economy. For just a few hundred dollars, a clean roof or clean house wash and wax for the "curb appeal", even pushing resto's on decks. Having some good feed back thus far.

HOA's and PM companies are a great source of revenue. Search online for your area, and start marketing to these folks. Look for areas you'd like to target while you're out and about, and get face-to-face with homeowners in these areas and ask questions. You can usually find out who is on the board of directors simply by asking around. Once you get the name of a board member, find a way to talk to them personally, and find out the needs of the association. Ask if they have a service provider for the type of work you offer, and if they're satisfied with them. Offer to speak at the next board meeting to sell your services. It takes some determined work, but many thrive in this niche. We service several HOA's for deck work, and have sold housewashing, gutter maintenance, and roof cleaning once we had our foot in the door. Most are looking for contractors that offer multiple services. Remember to offer discounts on pricing, as this will open the door to more opportunities. Hope this helps some.