Sign in to follow this  
kcpowerclean

I can't believe this!

I think the factory installed my pump upside down on my portable unit.

ridgid portable with cat pump, 3300/2.8 and I have had trouble with the fixed downstreamer that comes standard on the pump. However, I think that the draw hose barb should be facing up? I took it off the pump and and it has a good spring and ball, and it only draws with a 30 foot line but not an additional 50 foot line.

I really think those guys who installed the pump on the machine but the unit upside down.

also, the pressure regulator is located on the bottom, but it seems that many of them are on the top. Does this matter?

Which side is the oil fill plug on? Top or Bottom?

There are 2 access plugs but one has a finger tightened plastic plug while the other is a metal plug.

The position of the barb is of no consequence as it is activated by ventury effect. The length of hose you are capable of using with this injector is determined by the proportioning orifice of the barb itself. Some injectors are limited and will only supply chemical to an average of 25' of hose. If you have an additional line on it, make sure the I.D. is the same and has no air leaks as this will kill the ventury effect. It should be connected with an inline barb and clamped tight.

The pressure regulator in some models will only function properly in the upright position.

I would definitely put a pressure guage on it to see if it is functioning correctly.

Rod!~

A possible solution: Buy another downstreamer with quick connects and add it in-line. If you need to run 100', run 100' from the machine, add the downstreamer, then add the last 30'. Or you could get yourself an X-Jet.

Which side is the oil fill plug on? Top or Bottom?

There are 2 access plugs but one has a finger tightened plastic plug while the other is a metal plug.

The Red oil fill plug, which is plastic, is on the top. The metal oil fill plug is on the bottom. So I guess I was the idiot!

The position of the barb is of no consequence as it is activated by ventury effect. The length of hose you are capable of using with this injector is determined by the proportioning orifice of the barb itself. Some injectors are limited and will only supply chemical to an average of 25' of hose. If you have an additional line on it, make sure the I.D. is the same and has no air leaks as this will kill the ventury effect. It should be connected with an inline barb and clamped tight.

I guess the ventury effect is all that is needed. I was just hoping that by having it on the top that the stainless ball within the downstream would be positively affected by gravity and would help draw chem with 100' of hose. The additional hose is 3/8" i.d. and properly rated hose, so it must be the size of the downstream orifice.

The pressure regulator in some models will only function properly in the upright position.

The pressuer regulator is in a downright position, but in the process of troubleshooting the downstream injector, we were manipulating the pressure via the regulator and it appeared to be in good-working shape.

Thanks for the help! Do you think that buying the Adams injector through Pressure-tek (I think they said Bob is the guy) would help me draw up to 100' or 150' of hose?

I would definitely put a pressure guage on it to see if it is functioning correctly.

Rod!~

Thanks for the Help!

A possible solution: Buy another downstreamer with quick connects and add it in-line. If you need to run 100', run 100' from the machine, add the downstreamer, then add the last 30'. Or you could get yourself an X-Jet.

I guess that I could do that, but that sounds like too much work. It would appear to be the same as just buying the m-5 x-jet. Funny enough though, I will probably take off my fixed downstreamer and put some QC's on it and do this until I get a better system, such as an Adam's downstreamer? or an m-5 x-ject?!!

Ok so yes nothing is apparently upside down or installed wrong..

What yer dealing with besides the DS venturi being of correct size is the nature of back pressure being presented by everything downstream of the downstream injector as compared to the other side of the injector. Tipping or hosing are of course a factor as you can actually see the more hose length the worse the problem. Other main thing to check is the trigger gun. It is said some them with higher flow ratings do much better at not presenting a restriction/back pressure condition.