Sign in to follow this  
CLASSICPW

Oil based sealer overspray.

Question

I did a job using Olympic Maximum semi trans sealer. The wind picked up and overspray carried about 50 ft over and got all over her brand new RX-8, her friends new 4runner and an old pickup. It gets on my truck all the time and I just take it off with a cleaner wax. She's telling me that a bodyshop wants to charge her $370 a car to wetsand it off. Is this BS? I would think that a detailer could just buff it out. Help. Please.

2 answers to this question

Wash the cars yourself, and get a can of paste wax, and wax the cars yourself. You will find that the overspray will come right off with a little elbow grease.

In the worst cast, before waxing you may have to apply a mild cleaning compound, one that is designed for clear coat finishes.

Either way, it's a heck of a lot better than paying $370 to someone for nothing.

Good Luck

In your contract, you should have a note that you have the first rite to make repairs. This way you can do it yourself, sub-contract it or if a customer has a reasonable cost in mind you can settle it that way.

I always try to make all correction myself and not have the customer have to worry about it. It can leave a bad taste in their mouth for having to clean up after you.

Here are a few of our contract points:

3 Genesis Pressure Cleaning Ltd. shall only be obligated under this warranty for damages which are a direct result of operator error and is discovered within 15 days of said date of completion of work and only if written notice is given at address shown above hereof within 15 days of said completion.

4. Upon receipt of written notice, Genesis Pressure Cleaning Ltd. shall be allowed 30 days from date of receipt for the purposes of inspecting the said damage.

5. Genesis Pressure Cleaning Ltd. shall have sole option of repairing or contracting repair work correcting any damages that are a direct result of Operator error.

6. The maximum limit of liability of Genesis Pressure Cleaning under this warranty shall be $1,000 under terms and conditions of this contract.

7. No representation or warranty made by any other person, expressed or implied, other than an authorized representative of Genesis Pressure Cleaning Ltd. which is not specifically set forth herein shall be binding upon Genesis Pressure Cleaning Ltd.