Sign in to follow this  
squeegeeboy

need some help, advice and guidence

Question

i have been in the pressure washing business for over 3 years now ... i stated my company as a window cleaning business and added on pressure washing. the response has been great and i am making good money doing it however i feel as if i am not up to date ....... i will explain my process. i originally started out using a machine from lowes but recently ugraded to a commercial machine 3.5gpm 4000 psi commercial grade. when i would pull up to a home i would get my equipment out and set up .. then i would mix my solution using clorox bleach and a a cleaning detergent i get from a local pressure washing supply store. i would run this through my machine by unsing the black tip however i found the spray pattern was faster and you could cover a much larger area ... however the cleaning solution was very weak and not doing a good enough job. after the first year i employed someone to go in front of me with a 5 gallon pump upgarden sprayer and spray the solution on the surface needed to be cleaned .... it worked alot better because the solution was stronger and less pressure was neeeded. however its a pain in the ass with 2 people and ladder and all. i do alot of dryvit homes so i am sure you know how much cleaning solution is needed to tackle that task ... i am looking for a easier and more efficenient way to apply the chemical over a larger area then a what a 5 gallon pump up sprayer would do . i have heard of x-jets and such ...basically what i am trying to accomplish for this new year is to do more homes faster which means apply the chemical fasster (from the ground if possible ) and rinse faster (from the ground if possible )...also does anyone have a good solution they reccomend that works well (such as a soft wash)....

i have also recently incorporated roof cleaning and commercial storefront cleaning into my arsenal... i really need advice on roof cleaning and flat work such as pricing and chemicals and such and would appreciate it if i could call someone to talk about these things. i have an oppertunity to bid on 45 strip malls and i would really love to get it however i dont want to under or overprice . i have a good relationship with this company so as long as i am fiar and do a great job i pretty much sealed the deal ...there is somuch to learn and being that my company specializes in windows, gutters, and pressure washing ita like a ever revolving door that wont stop .... can someone help me out on this matter...

thanks

steve

7 answers to this question

An xjet would be a good start in decreasing your wash time and in just about every case, keep you on the ground. Well worth the investment, and would pay for itself in no time at all.

Or a better DS setup would do the same for you.

Welcome to TGS! Have you searched around first. There is tons of this information on TGS about chemicals and house washing. Also you might want to fill out your signature. Below are a few places to start.

heresone

roofchem

morehousewash

moreroofcleaning

morehousewash

And theres more to be seen!

Dane

Dane ...everyone could learn from your response to the question.

Dane that is clearly one of the best post I've seen on any board in a long time....most people say....... hit the search button .....but you took the time to really help someone and (others who read as well) great job

Edited by dollarspa

Not going to edit my above post, but, will say it was meant to be funny not offensive. I will also add that my door is always open to those that feel the need to discuss my post' for clarity.

David it truely was a nice conversation we had. I think you should reconsider the Rount Tables, the info you get and the friends you make are invaluable. Not to mention it is always good to put a name to a face.

Steve there is alot of help and info to be found on this forum whether you use the search function or get it direct from the other contractors. You've come to the right place to learn. I think you are headed in the right direction

I remember when Dane first came onboard and had a million questions, and look at him now, sharing the knowledge he has picked up here and abroad like an old pro.

Hats off TGS, as usual, a learning hub. A great place to learn and share.

But I'm still LMAO at my post because I thought it was funny.

ok... evy budy hoppy, it maka da worl go ruwnd

:)