Sign in to follow this  
rick77

Proportioners for Xjet

Question

I've been reading that some of you don't use proportioners with your Xjet. I've tried that before and a five gallon bucket will empty out on one side of a house in the blink of an eye.

I've been using the red proportioners for house washing and my solution goes a long way. That's with 3 gallons of 6% bleach, 10 ounces of Simple Cherry, 4 ounces of F-13, a shot of Dawn, and the rest water in the 5 gallon X-jet pail. This mix does a great job even on dirty houses.

So what color proportioners do you guys use? Those of you who don't use them in your X-jet, doesn't your bucket empty out really quickly and you have to refill more? If not, what's the trick to using the X-jet without proportioners?

22 answers to this question

There should be a ball valve on the hose from the Xjet to the bucket. It will vary on how strong you mix your chems to how "open" you want to keep the valve. Typical house 1.5 gallons bleach, 2 scoops SC and fill the 5 with water. This should take care of a 2000-3000 sq ft house. If its filthy you may need to make the chems stronger.

use ball valve to controll the soap.

I use the X-jet 5 gallon pail with the shut-off valve on the soap hose. The shut-off valve seems to be either on or off, no in between.

I guess I could just replace the shut-off valve with a ball valve huh?

That sounds like a viable solution.

Thanks!

If not, what's the trick to using the X-jet without proportioners?

Work fast and Git Ur Done

I see why they call you Lightning Gene. That's really fast work there man! LOL

So do you use the X-jet without proportioners? If so do you use the ball valve to control flow of soap?

I see why they call you Lightning Gene. That's really fast work there man! LOL

So do you use the X-jet without proportioners? If so do you use the ball valve to control flow of soap?

I use the x-jet with no proportioners.......I use about 10 gallons of house wash mix on a 2500 sq ft house.......You can control the flow somewhat with ball valve but I adjust the nozzle to the wall Im soaping

Use X Jet with no preportioners...It takes what it takes....I use same recipe..Watch the F13 over decks. It will screw up a dark brown deck I know that from a "OH Shtt!!" factor....lol,,ooops

I use X jet with red preportioner as well. Otherwise X jet will suck chem like crazy.

Yeah, for me the red one seems to be the best for making the chem go far and results in a really good house clean.

I've ran the machine without the proportioner and I just don't see any advantage in blowing out so much chem so quickly.

I can see where the ball valve on the soap line could work well once you get used to it but I can't understand using no proportioner and no ball valve on the soap line.

Why would you want your soap line to be full blast? Is there an advantage to it other than not having to buy/keep up with proportioners?

I used to run with a proportioner but wasn't getting enough draw with my 8 gpm pumps. so I took it out and run it full bore, now I do weaken the mix down and you do have to move fast, but it don't take but a shake to soap a whole side of a house.

Takes about 10 gallons to do a nice 2 story.

The down side I had with the proportioners was I would use one for say applying acid, finish the job and leave it in the x jet. On my next house wash I couldn't figure out why my chems weren't working. Forgot the proportioner was in there. I never use them anymore. Dilute to where I want in the bucket and go from there. It sounds to me like you are going through the chems too fast. I could do a 2500 sf house with about 7 gallons. Maybe your mix in the bucket is weak.

I think it all depends on how big your machine is, how fast you move, how strong you mix it, and other variables. There is not going to be a set amount that everybody will use. Every house is different for that matter.

What size machine do yall have? I have a 5 gpm, with no proportioners on the x jet. I use average 12 gallons on a 2500 sqft. house. A 4 gal will use more with the same xjet. I put 1 gal 12%sh in it and a splash of degreaser for suds. Yall have these difficult recipes for your house wash. When we started we used bleach and laundry soap. Anything other than the bleach is overkill. use soap for suds, so it can stick. Dawn, Tide, or your local stores degreaser, it is only to help the bleach stick.

The bleach is the active agent. If anyone disagrees let me know

My machine is 4gpm. I mix (in the 5 gallon Xjet pail) 2.5 to 3 gallons of regular 6% bleach, 10 oz. of Simple Cherry, 4 oz of F-13, and a shot of Dawn.

Most homes I do are 2 story and some are 3 story. I apply the above solution via Xjet M5. I can do a 2,000 up to 3,000 sq foot home (1 or 2 story) with 10 gallons of mix. Over 3,000 sq. feet will usually take a third mix in the fiver but I usually have some of the 3rd batch left over.

In these situations the red proportioner has worked well to help my solution cover the whole job. The solution I use does a good job of cleaning the houses around here.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to forget about the proportioners altogether but this method has been working well for me so I've been sticking with it.

What size machine do yall have? I have a 5 gpm, with no proportioners on the x jet. I use average 12 gallons on a 2500 sqft. house. A 4 gal will use more with the same xjet. I put 1 gal 12%sh in it and a splash of degreaser for suds. Yall have these difficult recipes for your house wash. When we started we used bleach and laundry soap. Anything other than the bleach is overkill. use soap for suds, so it can stick. Dawn, Tide, or your local stores degreaser, it is only to help the bleach stick.

I disagree!

I read a lot here that add simple cherry to the mix. It maskes the smell of the bleach really well. The snow just melted here so I havent tried it yet, but I have some waiting to be mixed up, can't wait to try it.

I think the SC is better at busting and floating the soil until rinse. I also use a squirt of dawn for xtra suds but still no preportioners,,uses more but it's only an extra gallon or three,,,one shot clean..

simple cherry does make it smell better. so does a cup of flowery Xtra laundry soap.

I am not knocking anyones way of doing it, but I just like doing it the easy way.

I still dont think i have washin houses down pat yet. I have the old xjet. was all i could find in stock anywhere. no biggie. i dont use a proportioner and i use 1 gal bleach from henrys store and 1 gal power house. in 5 gal bucket. takes forever to rinse the house to where im happy no more soap left. i have to hit the gutters 2 times, a 3rd time does nuthing. i watched another company wash a house in an hour and i didnt see any soap??? they only hit gutters 1 time. i couldnt stay to see end result, i got the gutter job next door, showed up same time company that majorly undercut me started the house. is brian right??? maybe i should back off the power house n use more bleach???

Edited by gutterdog

I bought some crap you can put in your chemicals at a sears store. It makes it foam up. Thats all. Pretty cheap. They had a bunch of bottles on them on sale. Anyone ever used it?